- This event has passed.
Handling Media Interviews 21st October
October 21, 2016£325
Handling Media Interviews
This 1 day handling media interviews course will enable you, or the spokespeople you support, to become powerful advocates for your organisation when carrying out any type of media interview. It’s a highly practical course, giving delegates the chance not just to learn all the key lessons of media training, but to practise those techniques through a range of simulated interviews. It is the perfect way to ready yourself and your spokespeople for media interviews, whether print or broadcast.
Who should attend?
This course is for two groups:
- Anyone who does media interviews (print or broadcast) on behalf of their organisation
- Communications professionals (typically PR directors, managers and account executives) who prepare spokespeople for media interviews
What to expect
- A highly participative course, limited to eight delegates
- The chance to do at least two live interviews on camera
- The ideal environment to learn and practice the key lessons of media training
Handling Media Interviews Course objectives
Participation on the course will provide you with the knowledge to:
- Prepare perfectly for any type of media interview – promotional, “issues” or crisis
- Prepare for print and broadcast interviews
- Prepare and support other spokespeople before and during media interviews, give feedback and de-brief
- Communicate with impact and authority
- Look and sound your best and overcome nerves
- Satisfy the journalist’s requirements for news while achieving your business objective
- Handle contentious, sensitive issues
- Handle the most awkward questions under pressure
Robert Taylor Robert has developed a unique methodology for successful media interviews, which he has used to train political leaders, chief executives and chairmen throughout the world, who are about to speak live or do a media interview.
His trainees include more than a thousand diplomats from the UK’s Foreign and Commonwealth Office, the entire executive management teams of the Olympic Delivery Authority for London 2012, and senior executives at BT, Accenture, British Airways and FedEx.
His book “Media Interview Techniques” is considered the definitive guide to doing media interviews.
John Lynch John is Managing Director of Open Information and Training Services a specialist consultancy that provides trainers and consultants for systems integration, taxonomy implementations and open data projects for business and Government clients. John was previously the Sales Director at Jane’s Information.
John manages all the Social Selling Training Course admin, fees, bookings, logistics, delegates and venue hire.
For course enquires please contact John at:
Tel: 020 8669 6681
Mob: 07843 106702