Our range of training courses answers many of the UK’s digital skill shortages as identified by the Digital Skills for the UK Economy Economy Report published in 2017, the Employment and Social Development report by RBC Economics Research published in 2019 and the World Economic Forum’s, Jobs of Tomorrow Report, published in 2020.
- This event has passed.
Handling Media Interviews 22nd Oct 2019
October 22, 2019£450
Handling Media Interviews
Handling media interviews – this 1-day training course will enable you, or the spokespeople you support, to become powerful advocates for your organisation when carrying out any type of media interview. It’s a highly practical course, giving delegates the chance not just to learn all the key lessons in media training, but to practice those techniques through a range of simulated interviews. It is the perfect way to ready yourself and your spokespeople for handling media interviews, whether print or broadcast.
Who should attend?
This course is for two groups:
- Anyone who does media interviews (print or broadcast) on behalf of their organisation
- Communications professionals (typically PR directors, managers and account executives) who prepare spokespeople for media interviews
What to expect
- A highly participative course limited to six delegates
- The chance to do at least two live interviews on camera
- The ideal environment to learn and practice the key lessons of media training
Participation in the course will provide you with the knowledge to:
- Prepare perfectly for any type of media interview – promotional, “issues” or crisis
- Prepare for print and broadcast interviews
- Prepare and support other spokespeople before and during media interviews, give feedback and de-brief
- Communicate with impact and authority
- Look and sound your best and overcome nerves
- Satisfy the journalist’s requirements for news while achieving your business objective
- Handle contentious, sensitive issues
- Handle the most awkward questions under pressure
Who is the trainer
The trainer for Handling Media Interviews is Robert Taylor. Robert has developed a unique methodology for successful media interviews, which he has used to train political leaders, chief executives and chairmen throughout the world, who are about to speak live or do a media interview. His trainees include more than a thousand diplomats from the UK’s Foreign and Commonwealth Office, the entire executive management teams of the Olympic Delivery Authority for London 2012, and senior executives at BT, Accenture, British Airways and FedEx. His book “Media Interview Techniques” is considered the definitive guide to doing media interviews.
Watch Robert talk about media interviews on Channel 5 News.
All public training courses can be customised into client-specific and in-house private courses.